Refashion Jeans with Trim You might have noticed some of the fashions of the late 60’s and 70’s making a comeback on the store shelves, from floral fabrics to embellished jeans. How about adding crocheted ribbon trim along the outside leg! This is so...
Refashion Jeans with Trim
You might have noticed some of the fashions of the late 60’s and 70’s making a comeback on the store shelves, from floral fabrics to embellished jeans. How about adding crocheted ribbon trim along the outside leg! This is so easy!!!
- Measuring tape
- Ribbon or trim (check that the trim is washable)
- Measure the outside of the jean leg from the bottom edge of the waistband to the hem.
2. Add 6 inches to the outside leg measurement and cut 2 pieces of trim that exact length.
3. Starting at the edge of the waistband, center the trim with the outside leg seam. Fold under the raw edge of the trim about ½” and pin.
4. Continue to pin the trim along the outside leg seam. Be sure to look for metal rivets or other hardware! Here I have a rive and I will make sure to mark this spot as to not break the sewing machine needle.
5. Pin the ribbon/ trim all the way to the hemline. If you plan on folding up the jeans, measure 4 inches below the hemline and cut the trim. If you are not going to fold up the jean hem, measure 2 inches and cut off any excess ribbon.
6. Turn the jeans inside out. Center the ribbon on the seam allowance, fold under the raw edge ½” and pin in place.
7. Follow these steps on both outside leg seams.
Depending on the style and size of the jeans, it can be challenging sewing all the way down to the narrow hemline. To make is easier we are going to utilize the sewing sideways feature!
8. Set up the machine for sewing a straight stitch and move the needle all the way to the far-right position. Slide the jeans under the foot starting at the waistline. To read the full blog post, head over to my post as a Brother Expert Consultant on the Brother Stitching Social.
Looking for more ideas on refashioning jeans, check out my blog post on embellishing jeans with embroidery.Be sure to share photos on the social side #angelawolf – I always love to see what you are working on!
Episode 94 Behind the Scenes LIVE with Angela Wolf Special guest Gabby shows off her sewing space and shares sewing room tips and tricks for organizing! Then take a closer look at the Luminaire, which I am unboxing as we speak See you soon! Angela
Episode 93 Behind the Scenes Live with Angela Wolf … Let’s Drape a Wrap Skirt, studio move update, and our usual live Q&A See you soon, Angela
Episode 93 Behind the Scenes Live with Angela Wolf ... Let's Drape a Wrap Skirt, studio move update, and our usual live Q&A See you soon, Angela
Episode 92 Behind the Scenes with Angela Wolf LIVE at the new studio!
Episode 91 Behind the Scenes LIVE with Angela Wolf - talking a recap of the Brother B2B convention, a look at the fabrics for It's Sew Easy projects, and new building update!
Episode 90 behind the scenes Live in Orlando, Florida at the Brother Sews B2B convention showing off my gowns and embroidered dresses, the new Luminaire Innovis-XP1 and the travel sewing machine NS80PRW. And say hi to Joanne Banko and Cindy Hogan Cynthia's Embroidery...
Live with Sandy in Orlando at Brother B2B
Episode 89 Behind the Scenes LIVE with Angela Wolf talking with Joe Vecchiarelli Joe shares tips for padding a dress form and what to do when you lose weight He's going to catch us up on behind the scenes with Dancing with the Stars and he has an unbelievable deal on...