VLOG 220 Behind the Scenes with Angela Wolf – Rachel Twin Set sew-a-long ~ Part 4
Today I walk you thru cutting a double collar, adding a touch of yellow to the coral twin-set. This is not part of the pattern, but you know I LOVE patternhacks! Adding yellow to the collar will tie into the tank top, which you will see more about next week.
Working on the tank top, you will find a tutorial on choosing size and adding a full bust adjustment.
Catch the Next Show …
Be sure to catch At Your Side Virtually! every Tuesday and Thursday at NOON Eastern and Behind the Scenes live onFacebookandYouTube every Wednesday at 1:30pm Eastern. I will post the replays here on the blog too 🙂
2. WICK AWAY: If you plan on working out, look for moisture wicking fabric. Wickaway moves sweat to the outside of the fabric and quickly dries, so your sweat doesn’t soak the fabric.
3. FITTING: Athletic wear is usually fitted, especially leggings. Check the exact measurements on the pattern and compare to your exact measurements. You will want to have the outfit at least 1″ smaller than your size (more than 1″ depending on your size too). This is what we call negative ease.
4. NEEDLES: Use a stretch in the sewing machine, serger, and coverstitch.
5. THREAD: I useWooly Poly or Wooly Nylon in the upper and lower loopers on the serger.
6. SERGER STITCH: A 4-thread overlock stitch is stronger than a 3-thread overlock stitch. I use the 4-thread for leggings, fitted workout tops, and sport bras. I use the 3-thread overlock stitch for loose fitting knits and items that won’t have a lot of stress.
7. SEWING: If you don’t have a serger, you an use stretch thread in the sewing machine. Wind the bobbin slowly and use the stretch thread for both the upper thread and bobbin with a straight stitch. Another option is using universal thread and a narrow zigzag stitch.
9. HEMMING: performance fabric can be slippery and tricky to sew. I steam press the hem and use a tailors clapper to create a creased fold. Then when I run the fabric through the coverstitch machine or sewing machine using a twin needle, the fabric lays nice and flat.
10. ADD A TOUCH OF MESH: Use a coordinating mesh fabric to leggings as an accent to hold your cell phone or inserted into a tank for a trendy style.
Vlog 174 Behind the Scenes: Meet Holly Cobb and Robin Hill
Through the years I have come to know so many talented entrepreneurs, I can’t think of a better time to feature their creative business marketing. Meet Holly Cobb form The Sewing Shop in Shreveport, LA and Robin Hill from The Stitching Post with stores located in Oklahoma City and Moore, OK. From drive by shopping to online classes to a pink shopping cart LOL! Learn how these ladies keep their creativity and business going during the Coronavirus nationwide shutdown.
Learn How to Sew, Embroider, & Embellish a Pillow Case
It has been so fun taking over the Brother Sews Facebook and YouTube channel during this stay at home mandate! I always like to find the positive and this has been the best, being able to hang out with you all virtually. Many have asked where to find the replay’s, so I will be sure to post them here on my blog at the end of each day.
So going back, we had an entire week of making pillow cases, embroiderying ideas, BES 4 Lettering tutorial, and more! Here are all the replays:
Now that was fun! I hope you are inspired to dig into your stash and make a few pillow cases 🙂 Next week the theme is spa and pampering, which we all need a little of right now.
Let me know if there is a specific lesson you might like in the upcoming live shows.