The Delila Knit Top Pattern
This SUPER easy to sew knit top, the Delila Knit Pattern launched a few years ago and is still a staple in my wardrobe. I designed the Delila pattern based on a simple kimono style that tapers in the high hip area. You know me, I can’t stop at a simple top, so I added not one, but NINE sleeve version!
Recognize the blue short sleeve version with the slits I am wearing ~ I have worn it at EVERY event LOL! This version is sewn out of an ITY knit, this fabric doesn’t wrinkle meaning it rolls out of my suitcase like this. Even though the fabric is polyester, the slits in the sleeve allow airflow.
Here is a rundown of all the sleeve variations:
- Basic long sleeve
- Basic 3/4 sleeve
- Basic short sleeve
- Long sleeve with cuffs
- Long sleeves with outside trim and cuffs
- Long sleeve with slits and cuffs
- Three-quarter length sleeve
- Three-quarter length sleeve with outside trim
- Three-quarter length sleeve with slits
The Delila Knit Top #AW1531
- Available in Misses Sizes 0 – 18 and Plus Sizes 16W – 36W
- Skill Level: Beginner
- Knit Fabric: ITY knit, Rayon Knit, Jersey Knit
- Tailors Clapper for pressing the hem and slits
- Twin-needle or coverstitch machine
- Wooly-Poly thread for the serger / coverstitch loopers
Leave a Comment for a Chance to Win the Delila Pattern
If you would like to win the Delila pattern in paper or PDF format, leave a comment below and let me know if you are plan on sewing the Shirley as a dress or top. You can also leave a comment on Facebook and Instagram for extra chances to win. I will draw 1 random winner from EACH location during Behind the Scenes live Facebook and YouTube Show Wednesday, January 6, 2021 at 1:30pm Eastern. Good luck!
Already sewn up the Delila, be sure to share photos and I will feature you on the show.
Looking to add embroidery to your next Delila, here are a few tips ….
Softloc Wooly Poly has a light stretch and super soft thread and ideal to use in the serger and coverstitch loopers.