Episode 199 ~ At your side 🧵 Virtually! Create a mug run and decorate your coffee mug with vinyl Join Brother Brand Ambassador Angela Wolf and Brother Educator's Kathy Stipe and Barb Mikolajczyk Designing Mug Rugs in My Design Center-Quick and Easy Supplies needed:...
How to Sew the Front Placket
It’s Sew Easy TV’s Shirt Dress Sewalong – Part 2
Tips for Attaching Interfacing
Pressing fusible interfacing to the fabric is easy if you follow these tips:
- Use a press cloth underneath the garment to prevent the fusible from ruining the ironing board cover
- Use a press cloth between the garment to save your iron and prevent burning the fabric
- When pressing the interfacing into place, lift and hold the iron – DO NOT SLIDE IRON
- Press and hold the iron for a few seconds and press firmly to prevent the fusible from coming unattached later on
You can use various fabrics for a press cloth. I tend to use a lightweight cotton or muslin fabric because that is what I typically have on hand. Cheese cloth is another option and Silk organza is another favorite.
Tips for Topstitching
- Stitch from the right side of the fabric
- Use cotton or silk thread for touch of style
- The triple stitch with a stitch length of 3.5 to 4.0 resembles ready-to-wear
- Lengthen the stitch length and test on a scrap of fabric to see which looks the best
Here are some of the supplies I used in this episode:
- I use a fusi-knit fusible tricot interfacing – a woven or sew in interfacing will also work
- Test the interfacing on a scrap of fabric to make sure it doesn’t show through
- Pressing Tools
- Basic Sewing Supplies
- Seam Ripper, Measuring Tape, Tailors Chalk, Pins,
You will find links to many of these items on my Amazon shopping list.
Have you thought of sewing this shirtdress with a different fabric than the traditional cotton? This week’s episode of Behind the Scenes showed some fabric ideas for the sewalong including silk, velvet burnout, and more!
Here is the blog schedule for the season long sew-along with links to the tutorials and live Q&A on my blog (each link will open on the date listed). Season 14 of It’s Sew Easy had begun airing on PBS and Create TV; you will be able to watch each episode there first (depending on when your specific station begins airing the show).
Join us! A new video will upload on YouTube every Saturday. Sign up here and never miss a blog post and join the fun on facebook, instagram, twitter, and pinterest . We will share photos on the social side using hashtags #angleawolf #itseweasy #shirtdresssewalong
Can’t wait to see what you sew up! Leave your comments & questions below …
Behind the Scenes LIVE with Angela Wolf
Previous Blog Posts
Pant Sloper Fitting Online Course Learn to fit your own pant sloper! Then take that sloper and turn it into a pattern. This class will be taught in a virtual & online setting; offering 5 live lessons with additional videos for specific fitting issues. You will...
VLOG 238 Behind the Scenes ✂️ with Angela Wolf ! Last week we cut out the Lacy top pattern, this week we will serge it together. And I will be drawing 3 lucky winners for the beautiful Shannon Fabric!!! Also, check out the new renovations coming to Angela Wolf's...
Episode 198 ~ At your side 🧵 Virtually! Create a Thread Catcher & Pin Cushion with Jerry GranataSupply List & Instructions for Thread Catcher • Brother Stellaire XP2 or comparable machine to embroider and sew, or both• Feet you will need: - Embroidery foot, J...
SHANNON FABRIC GIVEAWAY! Are you looking for an amazingly SOFT fabric?!? SHANNON FABRICS was a sponsor on It's Sew Easy tv and continues to inspire us with gorgeous fabrics. This new batch of fabric is called LUXE CUDDLE and the colors are so fun! If you look...
Learn How to Embroider Hats Join Angela Wolf and Cindy Hogan for a 90 minute virtual class and learn how to embroider hats with any embroidery machine and a 4" by 4" hoop! Learn the best stabilizers and hooping techniques. This is a virtual class, live with Angela...