Do-it-Yourself Custom Bowl Cover
This is such a fun easy DIY project to dress up a bowl, I could definitely see using different fabrics for each season! To get started, choose a bowl that you want to cover. The bowl can be glass, metal, plastic, you name and it can be any size. (Note: I am using a blue bowl so you can see it, try to choose a color that will coordinate with your fabric or theme).
- 2 pieces of cotton fabric cut the dimensions of your bowl (see below)
- 2 packages of 1 inch double fold bias tape
- 2 packages of grommets
- measuring tape
- fabric marking pencil or tailors chalk
- narrow satin ribbon
- sewing machine used: PQ1500
1. Let’s get started by measuring the bowl so we can cut our fabric (remember you can use ANY size bowl :)). Turn the bowl over and measure from one side to the other as shown.
2. Cut a circle out of each fabric the same size as the measurement were recorded on the bowl.
3. Starting with one of the circle pieces of fabric, wrap the bias tape around the edge of the fabric and pin all the way around the circle. Stitch along the edge of the bias tape, securing it to the edge of the fabric.
To read the full blog and learn how to design your own bowl cover, head over to my post as a Brother Expert Consultant on the Brother Stitching Sewcial. This is such a quick way to customize any bowl, I can’t wait to try different fabrics for the holiday season!
All About Buttons! Embellishing is one of my favorite things to do, in fact sometimes I even add touches to ready-to-wear garments. One of the easiest ways to restyle is to change the buttons. Even better, your own custom covered buttons! From simple to couture,...read more