Angela Wolf’s Wardrobe Challenge of 2014
I told you I had something in store for you, well here it is! The inspiration for this challenge came when I changed my closets over from summer to fall. I stepped back to admire the organized closet and realized I had made almost every outfit! Wearing all my own designs has been a desire of mine from the time I started my custom apparel business in 1994, yet time has a tendency to hinder any quick results. I blogged about my excitement with my closet of home sewn garments and received an instant response from many readers. It turns out, many of you have this same goal of sewing all their own clothes, yet again time seems to be the crutch in achieving this goal. Thus the idea of the wardrobe challenge came about.
The goal of the Angela Wolf Wardrobe Challenge is to inspire, mentor, and challenge you to fill their closets with your own home-sewn and re-styled garments … one garment at a time!
- The challenge will be run through my blog and other social media sites.
- The contest is open to anyone who is not directly associated with the sponsors (see the rules listed here).
- The entire contest is open to USA residents. BUT, I can’t stand to leave out all my international friends, you are eligible to win the digital prizes – these items will be marked with *, look for them each month.
- Participants are encouraged to share photos on flickr along with other social medial sites as twitter, facebook, instagram, and pinterest. Use hashtag #wardrobechallenge when sharing your progress.
- There will be monthly prizes offered by our generous sponsors Brother, Threads Magazine, Sew Stylish Magazine, WAWAK Sewing, KS, Inc. Productions with It’s Sew Easy PBS series, and myself. THANK YOU SPONSORS!
The challenge will start with planning a coordinating wardrobe (I can’t tell you how many jackets I have sewn and never worn, simply because they don’t match anything). Each month there will be a new theme with a certain garment to challenge you to sew. Participate in 1 month, all 12 months, and/or just focus on a killer wardrobe for the overall challenge! I will share more details soon, but I want you to get started on January’s challenge. The details of the challenge are listed above and will take place on Pinterest. Not on pinterest, no worries, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will invite you.
January’s Challenge focuses on creating story board! Pin anything you like that will inspire you to start adding to your wardrobe. Fabric, Colors, Sewing Tips, basically anything that inspires you.
1 year … 13 challenges … GET INSPIRED TO SEW!!!!!
Are you up for the challenge? Good Luck!