A well-made jacket can show off an outfit to its best. Join me on PatternReview for the fundamentals and fine points of creating a contemporary couture jacket (hint: my version of the traditional Chanel jacket).
You’ll love the comfort and style of this jacket… it feels more like a sweater! It’s the perfect topper for jeans or more formal dress. This couture jacket is a must-have for the modern lifestyle!
The class offers 12 videos with 2 hours and 45 minutes of HD video. There is also a 164 page PDF file with photos and close up details of every step.
- Selecting fabric and lining.
- Creating a 3-piece sleeve, laying out the pattern, and cutting the fashion fabric.
- Attaching fusible interfacing, finishing the edges, and cutting the lining.
- Using a couture technique to quilt the lining.
- Sewing a jacket with a plaid.
- Preparing and hand-stitching the lining.
- Sewing the sleeve vent and attaching sleeves.
- Covering shoulder pads.
- Trim ideas, including a tutorial on how to crochet your own trim!
- Closure options including custom covered buttons.
- Pockets with a couture touch.
- And last but not least, adding the prestigious weighted chain.
[vimeo http://www.vimeo.com/68063903 w=500&h=281]
Thinking you don’t have time for a few hours of hand-stitching a couture jacket? Why not bring the jacket with you! Seriously, I hand-stitched the lining on this jacket while fishing (see the finished jacket below). The lining is hand-dyed (and not with fish blood and guts :)) Fishing and sewing might be an odd combo, but it worked. How about you, any fun sewing stories that can beat fishing? Now be nice 🙂 Cheers xoxo Angela