This is a fun and easy sewing project; sewing fleece texting gloves. You know I can’t resist coming up with a few fun gifts items to sew. How about a pair of texting gloves! I don’t know about you, but I really get annoyed when I have to take off my gloves in order to answer my phone, text, or check an email. Instead of buying gloves and cutting off the fingertips, I decided to whip up a pair of custom gloves. These are easy and fast to sew, not to mention you can customize how tight and tall you want them and not worry about your rings getting in the way. Did I mention they are GREAT for fishing!
The video below walks you through the entire process, including another glimpse at the V-Sonic Pen Pal feature on the Brother Dreamweaver XE. In short, here are the steps:
1. Measure around your knuckles, this will be the width of your gloves.
2. Measure from your knuckles up your wrist and come up with a length measurement.
3. Chalk mark your stitch lines, making sure to block out the area for your thumb.
4. Stitch and press your seam allowance open.
6. Hand stitch the thumb hole closed.
7. Serge the raw edge.
That’s it! You can add beading, decorative stitching, embroidery … by the way, if you add embroidery, do so before you sew the gloves together. This is such an easy project. Show everyone how creative you are and post photo’s on my facebook, Instagram, and pinterest of your new gloves. Let me know if you have any questions.
Cheers and stay warm!
Brother™ has provided me with the DreamWeaver XE, but all opinions expressed are entirely my own.